Uncovering Oklahoma’s Date Guide Book 2.0
The Second Edition of Uncovering Oklahoma’s Date Guide book is now available! This edition is twice the size with 32 pages of places and over 50 ideas for dates – whether it’s a first date, a fun day out with other couples, or even an intimate, romantic date – the book has it covered.
The areas included are Oklahoma City, Bricktown, Norman, Edmond, and Arcadia, along with general ideas that can be done anywhere. Here’s a detailed list of what’s new:
- New cover taken at the SkyDance Bridge in Oklahoma City, with thanks to Jeffrey Burleson and Susan Riley
- New Section: Edmond and Arcadia with Armstrong Auditorium, E.C. Hafer Park, POPS, Arcadia Lake, Lemongrass, and Elevation Trampoline Park
- New Section: ANYWHERE! A general date activities section with ideas that can be done anywhere
- New in the Norman section is the Second Friday Circuit of Art, Pink Elephant Cafe & Tres Cantina, Cookies & Cards, Gaberino’s, and Shall We Dance?
- New in the Oklahoma City section is The Oklahoma River, Martin Park Nature Center, Will Rogers Gardens, Myriad Botanical Gardens, Pole Position Raceway, Urban Art, Sara Sara Cupcakes, I.V.C., and the Oklahoma City Museum of Art
- Removed upcoming plays at the theaters to keep the book timeless
- Added Chapter Quotes because quotes are cool
- Updated, replaced, and added a new foreword, pictures, quotes, links, etc. with other minor changes and improvements throughout the book
If you liked this book and web site, please vote for “Uncovering Oklahoma” as “Best Web Site or Blog” and “Dennis Spielman” as “Best Local Writer” in the Oklahoma Gazette’s Best of OKC 2012 Awards! Every vote helps!