Traindodge – Norman Music Festival
With six full length albums, four EPs, and several compilation credits to date, Traindodge, who will be performing a free show at the Norman Music Festival, speaks with me in this performer question and answer session. They will perform at Fowler Toyota Main Stage on Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 3:00pm. Since this is the ninth year for the festival, here are nine questions to get to know them.
1. To get people to know you, how would you describe yourself and your music?
We sound like a heavy Fugazi trying to write Rush songs but eventually have drinks and end up rocking a little.
2. What song would you like a person who hasn’t heard your music listen to first?
I guess it would depend on what that person likes but throwing all caution aside, there’s a song called “Electric Assassins” on our Remains EP from five years ago that’s fairly dynamic but still very to-the-point.
3. What’s your song writing process?
We just loudly fiddle around until we’ve created music that makes us feel like we look cool. We don’t actually look cool. But feeling like you look cool? Man, there’s nothing better.
4. What are your thoughts on the Norman Music Festival?
It’s a blast. It’s turned into an annual highlight for us. And you won’t find a better opportunity to stumble across some awesome new band that you’ve never heard of.
5. In general, what inspires you?
The movie Time Bandits. That’s it.
6. You’ve just been offered an all-expenses paid trip. Where would you go?
I like to believe that the Fortress of Ultimate Darkness in Time Bandits actually exists. That would do.
7. Any plans while you’re in the Norman area?
Hopefully I’ll eat some health food at The Garage. Otherwise, my main goal is to see as much live music as I can.
8. Anything else you want the public to know about you?
Our 7th record is finished and will come out this summer. Our entire catalog is on Bandcamp. We’re on Instagram (@traindodge_band), Twitter (@traindodge_okc) and Facebook. And our web address is traindodge.com. Rock with us!
9. What do you think should be the Ninth Wonder of the World?
Sorry to keep bringing this up, but if there really is a Fortress of Ultimate Darkness, I’m afraid that would absolutely have to be it.