Mother’s Day 2016
I’ve rounded up several Mother’s Day Events for Moms to enjoy throughout the Oklahoma City Metro. Keep in mind not all events take place on Sunday, May 8, 2016.
Love Mom Well: Collected Thread is will host their 3rd annual Love Mom Well event! They think moms are pretty cool and need all the love they can get. They are joining forces with some of our favorite local businesses (who just happen to be moms and dads themselves) to throw a fun event for the whole family! Here is the rundown:
– Free mom & kids portraits by ElyFair Photography
– Love Well Handmade will be releasing not one but two new fabric designs for their kid leggings and bloomers
– Flower crowns by the talented Everything Beautiful
– Coffee cocktails by Mariposa Coffee
– Paintings by mom and 4 year old daughter painting duo, Ashley and Nora Whiteside
– AND a new fabric Love well handmade
Moms Eat Free at Billy Sims BBQ: Barbecue fans can celebrate their mom this Mother’s Day at Billy Sims BBQ! On Sunday, May 8th, all mothers will receive a free single meat sandwich, a side and a Billy Sims BBQ collector’s cup with drink for any guests who dine in the restaurant.
The sandwich options include a polish sausage, hot link, bologna, smoked chicken, smoked turkey, pulled pork or brisket. For sides, moms can choose from Billy BBQ beans, green beans, chips, baked potato salad, potato salad, mac n cheese, mini corn on the cob, coleslaw, Texas toast, or they can add-a-rib.
“There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than with a meal together as a family,” said Jeff Jackson, co-founder of Billy Sims BBQ. “We wanted to honor all moms for the important job they do by inviting them in for a meal on us.”
Mother’s Day Brunch at National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum: Enjoy a special buffet hosted by the Museum’s Dining on Persimmon Hill restaurant in the grand Sam Noble Special Events Center. Museum admission included. Reservations required by calling (405) 232-1184. More Details.
Oklahoma River Cruise: Celebrate Mom on a leisurely cruise down the Oklahoma River and Moms ride free on any scheduled ferry trip May 7th and 8th. Climate controlled cabins, restrooms and cash bar onboard. Purchase tickets as you board the boat. Check departure times on the ferry schedule.
These places are offering free admission for Mothers on Sunday. All you need is one paid admission with a family member!
– Oklahoma City Zoo
– Oklahoma City Museum of Art
– Orr Family Farm (Saturday, May 7th)
– Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History in Norman
– Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum
– Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art
– Myriad Botanical Gardens and Crystal Bridge
Am I missing something? Leave a comment!