Don’t Make Ghosts – Norman Music Festival
The hard-hitting band band, Don’t Make Ghosts, speaks with me in this Norman Music Festival performer question and answer session. Don’t Make Ghosts will perform at the Jack Daniel’s Gray Street on Friday, April 28, 2017, at 7:30 pm. Since this is the festival’s tenth year, here are ten questions to get to know them as answered by Nick Waggoner.
1. To get people to know you, how would you describe yourself and your music?
The punk rock offspring of Bob Mould and Paul Westerberg.
2. What song would you like a person who hasn’t heard your music listen to first?
Upside of Sorrow.
3. What’s your song writing process?
Riffs first, lyrics next, full band jam to work out the kinks and add or cut bars.
4. What are your thoughts on the Norman Music Festival?
Anything that showcases local artists is a good deal.
5. In general, what inspires you?
Mostly sadness or real life experiences.
6. You’ve just been offered an all expenses paid trip. Where would you go?
Europe to learn winemaking from the frogs!
7. Any plans while you’re in the Norman area?
I hear there is a new ice cream cookie spot!!
8. Anything else you want the public to know about you?
I wish I had written “New Miserable Experience”
9. What do yo think should be the Ninth Wonder of the World?
Hell, I am not sure what the first 8 are!
10. What was the most extreme adventure you’ve had?
Touring the US in a run down van with no money no cell phones and a road map.