Dresden Bombers – Norman Music Festival
The post-punk band, Dresden Bombers, speaks with me in this Norman Music Festival performer question and answer session. The Dresden Bombers will perform at the Red Brick Bar on Saturday, April 29, 2017, at 4:30 pm. Since this is the festival’s tenth year, here are ten questions to get to know them as answered by John Means.
1. To get people to know you, how would you describe yourself and your music?
We are a post-punk band and we have a Korg.
2. What song would you like a person who hasn’t heard your music listen to first?
The Back of Love or Failed State
3. What’s your song writing process?
Mike Burnett kicking me in the ass. It’s pretty much our process.
4. What are your thoughts on the Norman Music Festival?
NMF is incredible. We’ve been going since it began and we’ve seen it grow every year. Despite the growth, the focus continues to revolve around great local and regional acts rather than succumbing to the consumerism that seems to envelope most music festivals. I think that reflects the support and camaraderie for local musicians and artists that is at the heart of what makes Norman so special.
5. In general, what inspires you?
The fear of Mike Burnett kicking me in the ass.
6. You’ve just been offered an all expenses paid trip. Where would you go?
There’s no way I’d accept an all expenses paid trip. I’m old enough to know that just because it doesn’t cost you any money doesn’t mean there’s not a price to be paid.
7. Any plans while you’re in the Norman area?
We live here so…
8. Anything else you want the public to know about you?
9. What do you think should be the Ninth Wonder of the World?
10. What was the most extreme adventure you’ve had?