I’ve rounded up the best of the best Mother’s Day Events for Moms to enjoy throughout Oklahoma. Keep in mind not all events take place on Sunday, May 14, 2017.
Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Collected Thread at 1705 NW 16th Street, Oklahoma City
Collected Thread is will host their annual Love Mom Well event. They think moms are pretty cool and need all the love they can get. They are joining forces with some of our favorite local businesses (who just happen to be moms and dads themselves) to throw a fun event for the whole family! Here is the rundown:
– Free Mom+Kid(s) photoshoot bt ElyFair Photography
– Love Well Handmade release of new designs and a SALE!
– Live painting by Ashley Whiteside and her 5 yr old daughter, Nora.
– Fresh blooms for sale from Everything Beautiful
– Coffee and Tea from Mariposa Coffee and Woodshed Tea
– And the release of some new stuff at Collected Tread as well as a sale.
Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum at 1700 NE 63rd Street, Oklahoma City
Enjoy a special buffet hosted by the Museum’s Dining on Persimmon Hill restaurant in the grand Sam Noble Special Events Center. Provided by The Petroleum Club, the Mother’s Day Buffet features carving stations, a variety of vegetables, fresh salads, and other tempting side offerings. Extensive dessert buffets complete the menu. Buffet tickets cost $35 and include tax, gratuity, and Museum admission; $17.50 for children ages 5 – 10; children 4 years of age and younger eat free. For reservations, call the Downtown Petroleum Club at (405) 232-1184. More Details.
Celebrate Mom on a leisurely cruise down the Oklahoma River and Moms ride free on any scheduled ferry trip May 13th and 14th. Climate-controlled cabins, restrooms, and cash bar onboard. Purchase tickets as you board the boat. Check departure times on the ferry schedule.
Sunday, May 14, 2017
Barbecue fans can celebrate their mom this Mother’s Day at Billy Sims BBQ! On Sunday, May 14th, all mothers will receive a free single pulled pork sandwich, a side and a Billy Sims BBQ collector’s cup with a drink for any guests who dine in the restaurant.
These places are offering free or discounted admission for Mothers on Sunday. All you need, in most cases, is one paid admission with a family member! Check with each one for details.
– Chickasaw Cultural Center (May 13 and 14, 2017)
– Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art
– Myriad Botanical Gardens and Crystal Bridge
– Oklahoma Aquarium
– Oklahoma City Museum of Art
– Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum
– Oklahoma City Zoo
– Orr Family Farm (Saturday, May 13th)
– Philbrook Museum of Art (Saturday, May 13th)
– Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History
– Skate Galaxy
For even more activities you can do with your Mom throughout the month of May, check out this guide by MetroFamily.
Follow Uncovering Oklahoma on social media like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more stories on creative people and places in Oklahoma. Be sure to check out the Events Calendar too and help support us by becoming a patron.