Native Lights – Norman Music Festival
In this performer question and answer session, I speak with Native Lights, who will be performing a free show at the Norman Music Festival. Native Lights will perform at the Fowler Toyota Main Stage Saturday at 4:15 PM. Since this is the eighth year for the festival, here are eight questions to get to know the performers.
1. For those unfamiliar, how would you describe yourself and your music?
Native Lights consists of lush cinematic guitars with a touch of dissonance combined with heavy drum rhythms and fluid in the pocket bass lines. It’s a loud sound with a soft side.
2. What song would like a person who hasn’t heard your music listen to first?
I would suggest Blue Star. It’s got a nice combination of all our songwriting elements.
3. What’s your song writing process?
Bryce (Guitar/Vocals) or I (Johnathon Ford/Bass) will start with a bass line or guitar line and we just let it ride.
4. What are your thoughts on the Norman Music Festival?
Norman Music Festival is a wild festival. So many people having a great time and jamming out to music in a small place. It’s always a great time and we are looking forward to playing again this year.
5. In general, what inspires you?
Animals and Weather
6. You’ve just been offered an all expenses paid trip. Where would you go?
New Orleans, the greatest city on Earth.
7. Any plans while you’re in the area?
Definitely going to spend a few hours in Guestroom Records spending lots of money!
8. Anything else you want the public to know about you?
Our new album is out now. Give it a listen and make sure and say hello at the festival.