Psychedelia band, Special Thumbs, speaks with me in this Norman Music Festival performer question and answer session. Special Thumbs will perform at the Jack Daniel’s Gray Street on Saturday, April 29, 2017, at 3:30 pm. Since this is the festival’s tenth year, here are ten questions to get to know them.
1. To get people to know you, how would you describe yourself and your music?
Robust melodies enriched with vocal harmonies and supported by walls of psychedelia.
2. What song would you like a person who hasn’t heard your music listen to first?
Smothered. Listen here:
3. What’s your song writing process?
Write. Rewrite. Record. Dissect. Rewrite. Re-record.
4. What are your thoughts on the Norman Music Festival?
Local + Free = Amazing
5. In general, what inspires you?
Spaceships, hand puppets, anything a la mode, box wine.
6. You’ve just been offered an all expenses paid trip. Where would you go?
7. Any plans while you’re in the Norman area?
8. Anything else you want the public to know about you?
9. What do you think should be the Ninth Wonder of the World?
10. What was the most extreme adventure you’ve had?
Zip-lining across the Mariana Trench.