Wicked Shimmies – Norman Music Festival
Living Room Rock Band, Wicked Shimmies, speaks with me in this Norman Music Festival performer question and answer session. Wicked Shimmies will perform at Red Brick Bar on Friday, April 28, 2017, at 8:30 pm. Since this is the festival’s tenth year, here are ten questions to get to know them.
1. To get people to know you, how would you describe yourself and your music?
Avant-garage rock with funky leanings toward psychedelic space punk.
2. What song would you like a person who hasn’t heard your music listen to first?
On My Way Out
3. What’s your song writing process?
The Art Of Simplicity.
4. What are your thoughts on the Norman Music Festival?
The greatest thing going east of the Rockies and west of the Mississippi. It really makes it!
5. In general, what inspires you?
Human Nature. The Mind. The general strangeness of existence.
6. You’ve just been offered an all expenses paid trip. Where would you go?
7. Any plans while you’re in the Norman area?
Enjoy the stormy weather. Take in some of Norman’s finest.
8. Anything else you want the public to know about you?
Wicked Shimmies features the two remaining members of legendary proto-punk band Debris’.
9. What do you think should be the Ninth Wonder of the World?
Charlie Harrison’s record collection.
(Charlie was a member of Debris’)
10. What was the most extreme adventure you’ve had?
Chuck went to CBGB’s in the late 70’s and saw the Dead Boys. Beat that.