Josh Sallee speaks with me in this Norman Music Festival performer question and answer session. Josh Sallee will perform at the Main Street Event Center on Friday, April 27, 2018, at 12:00 am (Midnight). Here are ten questions to get to know him.
1. To get people to know you, how would you describe yourself and your music?
Fearless. I’m really vulnerable in my music. I’ve never had a situation in music where I backed down.
2. What song would you like a person who hasn’t heard your music listen to first?
Probably “Up” or “Pressure.”
3. What’s your song writing process?
It has to be by feel. I have to feel like writing. Feel something in the beat or sounds I’m playing. Once I feel the melody and cadence. It’s about tapping into things that make me feel emotion and figuring out how to say those things in a cool way.
4. What are your thoughts on the Norman Music Festival?
It’s incredible. Some of the best shows of my career were at NMF. All age fans get to attend. It’s just a really great weekend for the entire state.
5. In general, what inspires you?
People inspire me the most, whether good or bad. Scenery and colors. But lately, I’ve been inspired by how huge spread out the world is, while at the same time being so small and connected.
6. You’ve just been offered an all expenses paid trip. Where would you go?
7. Any plans while you’re in the Norman area?
I want to see some of my friends perform and eat at Texadelphia.
8. What else you want the public to know about you?
Life is short so you might as well do what you love.
9. What do you think should be the Eleventh Wonder of the World?
Chesapeake Energy Arena.
10. What was the most extreme adventure you’ve had?
A lot of shit happens at South by Southwest.
The eleveth Norman Music Festival is on April 26, 27, and 28, 2018. Read more interviews from performers in the festival, present and past, here. To learn more about the festival, check out our NMF page.