Kat Lock – Norman Music Festival
With indie rock sounds, Kat Lock answers ten questions in this Norman Music Festival performer question and answer session to get to know them before the festival. Kat Lock will perform at Resonator on Thursday, April 25, 2019, at 9:00 pm.
1. To get people to know you, how would you describe yourself and your music
I have always struggled with this question. My music is a little bit all over the place. but if you’re a fan of Rilo Kiley, Mitski, Snail Mail, Death Cab for Cutie, Jenny Lewis, or girls wearing leopard print, you’ll probably dig it.
2. What song would you like a person who hasn’t heard your music listen to first?
Currently my only song available to stream is Hard to Find, so that one!
3. What’s your song writing process?
I honestly think that anyone who says they have a strict song writing process is lying. It’s chaos.
4. What are your thoughts on the Norman Music Festival
This will be my third year participating, and my first year with my solo project. I grew up in norman, going every year, and it’s crazy to think that I’m now a part of it! 7 year old me wouldn’t believe it. Okay, she probably would. I was a little diva.
5. In general, what inspires you?
Vulnerability and honesty.
6. You’ve just been offered an all expenses paid trip. Where would you go?
Probably to one of the resorts in Athens that the Kardashians always go to
7. Any plans while you’re in the Norman area?
Pre-party at my apartment anyone??
8. What else you want the public to know about you?
I’m a scorpio and I don’t have a gallbladder.
9. What do you think should be the Twelfth Wonder of the World?
My dog, Sherman. He is the BEST you can ask anyone.
10. What was the most extreme adventure you’ve had?
Being blackout drunk on campus and coming to in Sugars with my best friend, Jacob.
The twelfth Norman Music Festival is on April 25, 26, and 27, 2019. Read more interviews from performers in the festival -present and past- through here. To learn more about the festival, check out Uncovering Oklahoma’s NMF page.