Midday Static – Norman Music Festival
With sounds soaked in memories, Midday Static answers ten questions in this Norman Music Festival performer question and answer session to get to know them before the festival. Midday Static will perform at Resonator on Thursday, April 25, 2019, at 8:00 pm.
1. To get people to know you, how would you describe yourself and your music?
It’s quite hard to describe this project at the moment, it started out as a solo project and has now recently progressed into a three-piece live ensemble. The music is chill, atmospheric indie rock with a psychedelic twist on top.
2. What song would you like a person who hasn’t heard your music listen to first?
Oh boy, I have a lot of unreleased material I can’t wait to share, but for those that have never heard my music I’d suggest checking out my latest record “Dreamcatcher” and the latest singles I’ve released “Atlas” and “Wordless Page.”
3. What’s your song writing process?
My songwriting process is fairly straightforward. I usually try to sit down with a few ideas and sketch out a song with a beat and then flesh it in later recording guitars, synthesizers and later recording live drums.
4. What are your thoughts on the Norman Music Festival?
I’ve honestly never been nor played at NMF before but I’ve heard nothing but great things and myself and the live band are extremely excited to be a part of it this year!
5. In general, what inspires you?
Inspiration for me comes from so many things, from simple things like a sunny summer day, or a smile across a loved ones face, to more complex feelings of nostalgia, love, and everything in between. In my
6. You’ve just been offered an all expenses paid trip. Where would you go?
Cali baby! On a grander
7. Any plans while you’re in the Norman area?
Mostly just checking out all the other amazing acts on the line-up! I’m sure there will be plenty to get into!
8. What else you want the public to know about you?
One thing I’ve always done from the beginning
9. What do you think should be the Twelfth Wonder of the World?
Probably the black hole all my guitar picks have mysteriously ended up in.
10. What was the most extreme adventure you’ve had?
I’ve had quite a few but the most extreme I’d say would be exploring a lot of the abandoned towns in Oklahoma. Always a fun time and you never know what you may find.
The twelfth Norman Music Festival is on April 25, 26, and 27, 219. Read more interviews from performers in the festival, present and past, here. To learn more about the festival, check out our NMF page.