Twister Alley Film Festival 2019 Mini-Guide
Putting filmmakers first while giving movie lovers a great time, the 2019 Twister Alley Film Festival in Woodward takes place May 2nd through the 4th. For the festival, I’ve included some trailer highlights that I’ve received and the complete schedule.
The film, 15 Down, was written and produced Allison Moy Hayhurst, who is an Alabama native, and directed by Mike
15 Down is an intimate, engaging and funny story about family : its about three generations of women, a young 15 year old daughter, her unconventional and quirky grandmother and her mother, about how familiar bonds are strengthened , how they are challenged , but ultimately how a family lovingly navigates through the many changes over the course of a transformative summer.
Asia A is inspired by a true story and will be an Oklahoma premiere at the festival. A recent spinal cord injury patient struggles to reconcile his sense of self-worth with his new reality as a paraplegic.
An Oklahoma premiere, Fairy Tail is the story about a hopeless romantic that discovers an unlikely intruder and finds love at first fight.
A man accidentally transports himself back in time and tries to seduce the younger version of his wife. However, his younger self stands in the way.
A man goes into therapy to rid himself of bad memories, but ends up losing much more.
YES! WOMEN IN SCIENCE!
An Oklahoma premiere, “Yes! Women in Science!” explores the challenges women face in STEM careers and inspires change for better. The documentary visits a diverse cast of women and professions in Oklahoma about what they love about their job and advise for those perusing a career in the sciences.
SCHEDULE FOR THURSDAY, MAY 2, 2019
- 10:30 am: Kids Flix (54 mins, Rated PG)
- 1:00 pm: High School Made Films (78 mins, Rated PG)
- 5-7:30 pm: Filmmaker Meet & Greet
- 7:30 pm: Finding Big Country (45 mins, Rated PG)
- 8:35 pm: Okie Made: Oklahoma Homegrown Short Films (99 mins, Rated PG-13)
FRIDAY, MAY 3, 2019
- 9 am: Foreign Short Films (114 mins, Rated PG-13)
- 11 am-12:30 pm: Filmmaker Luncheon
- 11:20 am: Documentary Short Films (102 mins, PG-13)
- 1:25 pm: Screenplay Finalist Table Read
- 3:00 pm: Isabelle (80 mins, Rated R) Preceded by ‘All This Love’ (5 mins)
- 4:45 pm: You People (95 mins, Rated PG-13) Preceded by ‘Red Omen’ (4 mins)
- 6:45 pm: Range Runners (111 mins, Rated PG-13) Preceded by ‘Background Music’ (4 mins)
- 9 pm: The Strange Batch: Wonderfully Weird Short Films (93 mins, Rated R)
- 10:45 pm: WTF: Short films with chills, thrills and blood spills (110 mins, Rated R)
SATURDAY, MAY 4, 2019
- 10:00 am: Olympia (92 mins, Rated PG-13) Preceded by ‘Heart Killer’ (3 mins)
- 10:30 am: Conversation with Director of Photography Jason Weary
- 11:00 am: Filmmaker Luncheon
- 12:00 pm: Love…and Other Bizarre Concepts (120 mins, Rated PG-13)
- 2:25 pm: The In-Between (73 mins, Rated PG-13) Preceded by ‘Hello Jemima’
- 4:05 pm: Drama Short Films (123 mins, Rated PG-13)
- 6:35 pm: Comedy Flavored Short Films (120 mins, Rated PG-13)
- 9:00 pm: Awards Ceremony
- 10 pm: Closing Night Party
For more information, visit twisteralleyfilmfestival.com