The simplest way to describe the Norman Music Festival is it’s a massive three-day festival with nearly every genre of music represented. Watch the documentary video to learn about the festival, advice for a great time, the festival’s history, musician’s experiences, and why you should come!
To learn more about some of the bands performing at the festival, click here for Uncovering Oklahoma’s Q&A interview series of performers, past and present.
- Before going, read the What Not To Bring Guide on the festival’s site.
- Pack light. Don’t let your stuff bog you down.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Consider parking. Maybe get dropped off if you can.
- Explore the alleyways. There are always cool unsanctioned things going on.
- Get the app to make a schedule of acts to see.
- Check out the acts before and after the ones you’re familiar with. You might find a new favorite.
- Not digging something? Just move along to one of the many other stages.
- Just because the Main Stages are done, doesn’t mean that there isn’t more to see.
- Often times businesses outside the festival grounds will have their own live music acts.
The 2019 Norman Music Festival will take place on April 25, 26, and 27, 2019, in Downtown Norman.